- to make thoroughly wet; drench or saturate soaked to the skin by the rain
- to submerge or keep in a liquid, as for thorough wetting, softening, for hydrotherapy, etc.
- to take in (liquid) by sucking or absorbing: usually with up
- to absorb by exposure to it to soak up sunshine
- to take in mentally, esp. with little effort to soak up knowledge
- to immerse (oneself) in some study or branch of learning
They are like trees planted along the riverbank,
bearing fruit each season without fail.
Their leaves never wither and in all they do, they prosper.
I love the thought of soaking in Jesus.
Of planting myself along the riverbank of His living water.
Letting Him wash away all the dirt and grime (think about a dish that is greasy and soaks in water overnight).
His love replenishing every nutrient my soul requires.
And bearing fruit each season