1. I’m half Indian (dots, not feathers) and my maiden name is Parikh – my dad, Shailendra, was born and raised in Bombay, India. My mom grew up in New York and her ancestors can be traced back to the Mayflower.
2. growing up i wanted to be an underwater photographer in the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.
3. i spent a summer cleaning toilets and doing laundry at a Young Life camp in between my freshman and sophmore years in high school – that’s where I learned to do my own laundry.
4. i started my college career as a psychology major – I wanted to be a child psychologist. After failing Psychology 101, I changed my major to Business/Marketing.
5. i was addicted to cigarettes for many years. And although it has been many years since that stronghold was broken, the temptation still creeps in when I’m stressed and just want to “escape” (during which times God’s strength and grace has always proved sufficient).
6. i love to know and list details, but actually doing something tedious is extremely draining to me.
7. the greatest burden I have is the thought of a child not knowing someone that thinks they are important (my second is the thought of a woman who doesn’t know she is beautiful).
8. i had my tongue pierced and got a tatoo of a sunshine my senior year of college.
9. i worked for 6 years in sales/marketing oftentimes traveling 3 weeks of every month and giving presentations to high level executives (and loved it). I quit when I had Kaitlyn.
10. i do my quiet time every morning on my bathroom floor (only place I can go and not wake up the kids) – this is also from where almost all of my blog posts are written.